Beverly Johnson Net Worth : $5 Million
African American Model, Actress and Businesswoman
United States of America
Source of Wealth
Modelling, Acting and Business
Date of Birth
October 13, 1952
Studied Criminal Justice at North-eastern University
Beverly Johnson’s Total Net Worth
Beverly Johnson made a history, when she became the first black model on the cover page of American Vogue, in 1974 and henceforth, became a star of $5 million net worth.
Born on October 13, 1952, in Buffalo, New York; this diva is a successful American model, actress, and entrepreneur. In 1975, she earned the prestige to become the first black woman to be on the cover page of the French edition of ‘Elle’ magazine. At her younger age, she also became a swimming champion. In 1970, while pursuing criminal justice at ‘North-eastern University’, her college mates advised her to go in the field of modeling. Since then, she never looked back. Recently, she signed an assignment with ‘Glamour’.
After her first groundbreaking appearance for Vogue in 1974, Johnson has been the face of over 500 magazine covers. Apart from being a successful model, she has also appeared on the television screen as a celebrity guest in a number of shows, like Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, Law, and Order, 3rd Rock from the Sun, The Parent ‘Hood’, etc. Currently, she is busy working with the ‘Oprah Winfrey Network’ in the reality series ‘Beverly’s Full House’.
Beverly’s appeared as a celebrity judge for the TV series ‘She’s Got the Look’, for 2 seasons. Beverly also tried her talent in singing and had a short-term career in this field. ‘Buddah Records’, one of her music album, was released in 1979.
After quitting modeling career, Beverly owned a massive beauty empire, which has a wide range of wigs, hair care products, eyewear and jewelry collections.
In collaboration with the Amekor Industries, Beverly launched her collection of wigs and a range of hair restorative, styling and care products, in the year 2010.
The ‘Beverly Johnson Signature Eyewear’ is very popular in the American markets. Soon, this brand is going to reach the international markets, as well. Beverly has also launched several skincare, body care, and bath products.
Properties: Private Fortune
Beverly Johnson resides in her Rancho Mirage, California, along with her two collies, named Flame and Hollywood.
Beverly is a philanthropist, who has fervor to educate the society. Throughout her career, she has actively participated in charity movements.
- Since 1980, Beverly is working as an AIDS activist.
- During the Clinton era, she got appointed as the “Ambassador of Goodwill to the Fashion Industry”. She provided her support in eliminating the sweatshops.
- In 2008, she took the charge of the national spokesperson for Ask4Tell4. This is a campaign that looks forward to teaching women about the treatments, available for uterine fibroids. This is a painful state, which has affected Beverly for above 10 years.
- She is also associated with several other charities, which includes the ‘United Negro College Fund’, ‘AMFAR’ and ‘The Global Down’s Syndrome Foundation’.
Awards and Recognition
In the year 2006, Beverly was honored at ‘Oprah Winfrey’s Legends Ball’ for her thriving contribution in the field of entertainment, civil rights and arts. Additionally, ‘The New York Times’ included her name in the “20th Century’s 100 Most Influential Persons in the Fashion”.
- Deadly Hero (1976, TV series)
- Emergency! (1976, TV series)
- The Baron (1977, TV series)
- Crisis in Sun Valley (1978, Television film)
- Ashanti (1979, TV series)
- The Sky Is Gray (1980, Television film)
- Hunter (1990, TV series)
- Law & Order (1993, TV series)
- Martin (1993, TV series)
- Loaded Weapon 1 (1993, TV series)
- The Meteor Man (1993, TV series)
- The Cover Girl Murders (1993, Television film)
- A Perry Mason Mystery: The Case of the Wicked Wives (1993, Television film)
- Down ‘n Dirty (2000, Film)
- Red Shoe Diaries 15: Forbidden Zone (2000, Film)
- Tyler Perry’s Meet The Browns (2010, TV series)
- Beverly’s Full House (2012, TV series)
Other than acting and modeling, she is also an author of ‘Beverly Johnson’s Guide to a Life of Health and Beauty’ and ‘True Beauty: Secrets of Radiant Beauty for Women of Every Age and Color’.